Specialising in AAA PC and console development, Red Kite has a proven track record in the creation of cutting-edge games across varying genres.
Having set up home in the beautiful Grade-II listed Park Row House in Leeds city centre, Red Kite continues to develop top-quality games for multiple world-class AAA publishing partners such as Sony, Microsoft, Activision, 2K, SEGA, Epic, Warner Bros., 505, Rare, Codemasters, Mediatonic and Remedy.
Several titles include Hogwarts Legacy, Fall Guys, Mafia: Definitive Edition, Mafia III: Definitive Edition, Control Ultimate Edition, Two Point Hospital, Knockout City, Battletoads, Crackdown 3, Payday 2, Team Sonic Racing, DiRT 4 and God of War III: Remastered.
It’s a very exciting time to join Red Kite; not only are we working on multiple high-profile games for gen 9 platforms, we're also developing our own IP. Here’s what we can tell you about:
- We're partnered with Mediatonic working on the smash-hit, Fall Guys
- We're working on a high profile AAA 1st person shooter in UE5
- We're working on Red Kite's first original game
One of the most interesting aspects to working at Red Kite is the diversity of projects present within the studio. It's certainly never boring and we constantly find ourselves pushing the boundaries when it comes to the gameplay that we're creating and the technologies that we're engineering.
The Role @ Red Kite Games
Red Kite is looking for a Senior Physics Programmer to join us on an exciting new title. This is a fantastic opportunity to play a pivotal role in helping build a Vehicle Physics System from the ground up on what will become a groundbreaking title competing with some of the best AAA games out there. You will contribute to the programming team's collective knowledge and help to architect, plan and troubleshoot development, in order to deliver on the high-level vision for the game.
You will join an experienced group of talented developers who share a passion for creating AAA-quality games. Your skills and perspective will complement a team built on transparency, trust, and integrity; a team who are not afraid to challenge ourselves in the pursuit of excellence.
In your new role you will:
- Work closely with Code Leadership to plan, estimate and write high-quality performant vehicle code
- Work closely with Game and Level Designers, reviewing gameplay feature specifications and providing specific insights wherever possible
- Contribute to regular code reviews, championing code quality and best practices
To be successful you will have:
- Excellent working knowledge of C++
- Experience in developing vehicles, features and systems on at least one published title
- Experience working alongside Gameplay and AI teams to expose parameters and control systems for their needs
- Understanding of what makes a vehicle feel "responsive and fun"
- Be receptive to feedback, evolving designs and iteration
- Excellent communication skills
Red Kite is located in central Leeds, a major European city connected to London by rapid rail links and the M1 motorway – plus the rest of the world via Leeds Bradford airport. It's home to some of the best restaurants, bars and museums in the North of England, and is within easy reach of spectacular countryside (the Yorkshire Moors and Bronte Country), historical York and the Yorkshire East coast (you should definitely check out Whitby and Runswick Bay).
Nurturing Red Kite's studio culture is at the heart of everything we do and has been proudly recognised by the following awards:
- GI.biz - Best Places to Work 2022
- Best Companies - A World Class, 3 Star place to work for 2023
- TIGA STAR Award for excellence
Red Kite is a social studio – the team regularly gather for drinks, game nights, film nights, to play sports etc. – making this a great place to build a career whilst making friends...and let's not forget Red Kite's legendary Summer BBQ and our epic Christmas party – plus much more!
Red Kite's studio is relaxed and friendly. Every team member has the opportunity to shine and we pride ourselves on providing a positive social atmosphere, facilitated by shared interest groups, after-work clubs and charity fundraising events. Red Kite are proud supporters of the gaming charity SpecialEffect.
Come join the team, build a rewarding career, and help to make great games with a lovely bunch of people!