Specialising in AAA PC and console development, Red Kite has a proven track record in the creation of cutting-edge games across varying genres.
Having set up home in the beautiful Grade-II listed Park Row House in Leeds city centre, Red Kite continues to develop top-quality games for multiple world-class AAA publishing partners such as Sony, Microsoft, Activision, 2K, SEGA, Epic, Warner Bros., 505, Rare, Codemasters, Mediatonic and Remedy.
Several titles include Hogwarts Legacy, Fall Guys, Mafia: Definitive Edition, Mafia III: Definitive Edition, Control Ultimate Edition, Two Point Hospital, Knockout City, Battletoads, Crackdown 3, Payday 2, Team Sonic Racing, DiRT 4 and God of War III: Remastered.
It’s a very exciting time to join Red Kite; not only are we working on multiple high-profile games for gen 9 platforms, we're also developing our own IP. Here’s what we can tell you about:
- We're partnered with Mediatonic working on the smash hit, Fall Guys
- We're working on a high-profile AAA 1st person shooter
- We're working on Red Kite's first original game
One of the most interesting aspects to working at Red Kite is the diversity of projects present within the studio. It's certainly never boring and we constantly find ourselves pushing the boundaries when it comes to the gameplay that we're creating and the technologies that we're engineering.
The Role @ Red Kite Games
Red Kite are working on a variety of exciting open world AAA games and has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced network programmer to strengthen and shape one of our teams.
In this role you’ll be instrumental in the development and maintenance of client-side network functionality, in collaboration with our multi-disciplined development teams.
Your knowledge and expertise will also be invaluable in supporting projects across a multitude of platforms, genres and game areas.
In your new role you will:
- Work on a wide variety of projects and tasks, contributing to the development of robust network systems
- Follow best practices, development processes, documentation and coding standards
- Identify and debug network issues across multiple projects
- Mentor less experienced people, share knowledge and best practices with the team
- Assist in planning your work and the work of others
- Want to work in-studio alongside a very social and close-knit team
To be successful you will have:
- Shipped multiple titles with at least one AAA game in a key position
- Excellent C++ programming skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- A deep contemporary knowledge of scalable online services, client/server and peer to peer architectures, data replication and cloud, PC, and console platform services and APIs
- A passion for multiplayer games and associated technology
Experience in any of these areas may be advantageous but not essential:
- Prior console development experience
- Leveraging tools and systems within Unreal to deliver network functionality
- Adoption of efficient development methodologies (e.g. continuous integration, automated testing, tools pipelines, etc.)
Red Kite is located in central Leeds, a major European city connected to London by rapid rail links and the M1 motorway – plus the rest of the world via Leeds Bradford airport. It's home to some of the best restaurants, bars and museums in the North of England, and is within easy reach of spectacular countryside (the Yorkshire Moors and Bronte Country), historical York and the Yorkshire East coast (you should definitely check out Whitby and Runswick Bay).
Nurturing Red Kite's studio culture is at the heart of everything we do and has been proudly recognised by the following awards:
- GI.biz – Best Places to Work 2022
- Best Companies – A World Class, 3 Star place to work for 2023
- TIGA STAR Award for excellence
Red Kite is a social studio – the team regularly gather for drinks, game nights, film nights, to play sports etc. – making this a great place to build a career whilst making friends...and let's not forget Red Kite's legendary Summer BBQ and our epic Christmas party – plus much more!
Red Kite's studio is relaxed and friendly. Every team member has the opportunity to shine and we pride ourselves on providing a positive social atmosphere, facilitated by shared interest groups, after-work clubs and charity fundraising events. Red Kite are proud supporters of the gaming charity SpecialEffect.
Come join the team, build a rewarding career, and help to make great games with a lovely bunch of people!