Specialising in AAA PC and console games development, Red Kite has a proven track record in the creation of cutting-edge games across varying genres.
Having set up home in the beautiful Grade-II listed Park Row House in Leeds city centre, Red Kite continues to develop top-quality games for multiple world-class publishing partners such as Sony, Microsoft, Activision, 2K, SEGA, Warner Bros., Epic, 505, Rare, Rocksteady, Codemasters, Sharkmob, Mediatonic and Remedy.
Several titles include Exoborne, Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League, Hogwarts Legacy, Fall Guys, Mafia: Definitive Edition, Mafia III: Definitive Edition, Control Ultimate Edition, Two Point Hospital, Knockout City, Battletoads, Crackdown 3, Payday 2, Team Sonic Racing, DiRT 4 and God of War III: Remastered.
It is a very exciting time to join Red Kite; not only are we working on multiple high-profile games, we are also developing our own IP. Here is what we can tell you about, we are:
- Partnered with Sharkmob on the upcoming tactical open world extraction shooter, Exoborne
- Continuing to support Warner Bros. on multiple titles
- Collaborating with Mediatonic on the smash-hit, Fall Guys
- Working on 2 high-profile AAA 1st person shooters in UE5
- Developing Red Kite's first original game
One of the most interesting aspects to working at Red Kite is the diversity of projects present within the studio and we constantly find ourselves pushing the boundaries when it comes to the gameplay that we are creating and the technologies that we are engineering.
Day in the life of an Office Manager at Red Kite:
The Office Manager plays a pivotal role within our studio, overseeing day-to-day operations whilst enhancing the overall experience for our team and guests. You will report into and work closely with our existing Office Manager to proactively manage our office facilities, provide administrative support, and contribute to a vibrant, award-winning creative environment. If you're looking for a hands-on role where you can support a lovely team of talented people, then this is the job for you!
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Getting to know our team on a one-on-one basis and understanding their individual needs.
- Maintaining and improving the working environment.
- Working with the central facilities team and building management to include all aspects of Health & Safety, Fire Safety, First Aid and statutory inspections.
- Support team wellbeing by organising mental health first aid training and support.
- Working closely with other areas of the business, including but not limited to the HR and Talent team.
- Assist the Finance team on various affairs including expense management.
- Welcoming and supporting new starters.
- Booking and managing UK and International travel for conferences and events.
- Supporting the Studio Director and our leadership team.
- Supporting on team events including socials, our Summer BBQ & Christmas Party.
- Availability outside of core hours to support Studio Director work related requests, and in case of office emergencies.
What you need to do this job:
- Proven experience in office management with workforces of 100+ people.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to manage relationships with external stakeholders.
- Problem solving skills to address challenges efficiently.
- Strong communication to interact effectively with diverse teams.
- The ability to drive positive change within the studio.
- Resource accountability to manage budgets and supplies.
The Interview Process:
At Red Kite we employ a holistic and engaging interview process that allows us to get to know you, your skills and your potential. For the Office Manager role we have a three stage interview process.
1st Stage: Brief casual phone call or Teams call with a member of the UK Talent Acquisition Team. This is a chance to get to know you and for you to ask any questions that you might have about the role or interview process.
2nd Stage: One hour with Red Kite’s Office Manager and HR Business Partner, during this interview we will dive deeper into your experience and suitability for the role. There will be an opportunity for you to ask questions as well.
Final Stage: An informal studio visit where you will meet Red Kite’s Studio Director, along with other members of the Red Kite team.
Please note, this role is based at Red Kite Games in Leeds and is required in the office full time.
Red Kite is located in central Leeds, a major UK city connected to London by rapid rail links and the M1 motorway – plus the rest of the world via Leeds Bradford airport. It's home to some of the best restaurants, bars and museums in the North of England, and is within easy reach of spectacular countryside (the Yorkshire Moors and Bronte Country), historical York and the Yorkshire East coast (you should definitely check out Whitby and Runswick Bay).
Nurturing Red Kite's studio culture is at the heart of everything we do, which has been recognised by the following awards:
- GI.biz - Best Places to Work
- Best Companies - A World Class, 3 Star place to work
- TIGA STAR Award for excellence
Red Kite is a social studio – the team regularly gather for socials, game nights, film nights, to play sports and much more – making this a great place to build a career whilst making friends...and let us not forget Red Kite's legendary Summer BBQ and our epic Christmas party!
Red Kite's studio is relaxed and friendly. Every team member has the opportunity to shine and we pride ourselves on providing a positive social atmosphere, facilitated by shared interest groups, wide-ranging clubs and charity fundraising events. Red Kite are proud supporters of the gaming charity SpecialEffect.
Red Kite works closely with our employee diversity group, PRISM, which exists to promote diversity, inclusion, equity, equality and wellbeing across the studio. We continue to work to improve diversity in our recruitment and promotion processes, and actively encourage people from marginalised groups to consider a career in the games industry.
Come join the team, build a rewarding career, and help to make great games with a lovely bunch of talented people!