Specialising in AAA PC, console and cloud gaming development, Red Kite has a proven track record in the creation of cutting-edge games across varying genres.
Having set up home in the beautiful Grade-II listed Park Row House in Leeds city centre, Red Kite continues to develop top-quality games for multiple world-class AAA publishing partners such as Microsoft, Sony, Activision, 2K, SEGA, Epic Games, Warner Bros. 505, Remedy, Rare and Codemasters.
Several titles include Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout, Hogwarts Legacy, Mafia: Definitive Edition, Mafia III: Definitive Edition, Control Ultimate Edition, Two Point Hospital, Knockout City, Battletoads, Crackdown 3, Payday 2, Team Sonic Racing, DiRT 4 and God of War III: Remastered.
It’s a very exciting time to join Red Kite; not only are we working on multiple high-profile games for current-gen and new-gen platforms, we're also developing our own IP. Here’s what we can tell you about:
We’re helping to develop Hogwarts Legacy with the teams at Warner Bros. and Avalanche Software
We’re partnered with Mediatonic working on the smash-hit, Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout
We’re working on a new PvE 1st person shooter based on an award-winning IP for new gen-platforms
We’re working on an unannounced, high-profile AAA 1st person shooter for new-gen platforms in UE5
One of the most interesting aspects to working at Red Kite is the diversity of projects present within the studio. It's certainly never boring and we constantly find ourselves pushing the boundaries when it comes to the gameplay that we're creating and the technologies that we're engineering.
Come join the team, build a rewarding career, and help to make great games with a lovely bunch of people!
The Role @ Red Kite Games
Red Kite has a fantastic opportunity for a Lead Level Designer to join our team to help develop an AAA multiplayer PvE game. Working closely with other discipline leads, you will guide your team of Level Designers to create a compelling player experience.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in the creation of an original game within the universe of an award-winning IP. As a Lead Level Designer, you are responsible for realising the design vision through engaging mission maps and championing design quality.
In your new role you will:
· Guide the creative vision for the mission maps and review moment-to-moment gameplay
· Work closely with design leads to create cohesion between the game’s mechanics, narrative and tools
· Regularly update directors and stakeholders, collating feedback into tasks for your team
· Be the players’ advocate: Understand their needs and ensure that mission maps created by your team contribute to an engaging player experience
· Establish level design best practices
· Recognise the individual abilities of each member of your team, mentoring them through regular catchups and formal appraisals
· Create a positive inclusive work environment that will grow team motivation and performance
To be successful you will have:
· 5+ years minimum experience in Level Design or relevant role
· Significant involvement in the level design of multiple game titles, with preferably a full cycle on a AAA title (or equivalent) at Senior level or higher
· A proven ability to present ideas to a wide variety of audiences, both technical and non-technical, in a succinct manner
· An ability to collaborate with different disciplines and audiences
· An appreciation for existing games and an awareness of modern gaming trends; particularly in the multiplayer PvE genre
· A drive to inspire and cultivate talent
· A forward-thinking attitude towards inclusivity and mental health
Experience in any of these areas will be advantageous but not essential:
· Shipped one or more commercial titles in a lead design role
· Custom game engine experience
· Scripting knowledge (e.g., C#, Lua)
· Expertise in creating FPS or multiplayer games
· Prior experience in leading/managing/mentoring a team
Red Kite is located in central Leeds, a major European city connected to London by rapid rail links and the M1 motorway – plus the rest of the world via Leeds Bradford airport. It's home to some of the best restaurants, bars and museums in the North of England, and is within easy reach of spectacular countryside (the Yorkshire Moors and Bronte Country), historical York and the Yorkshire East coast (you should definitely check out Whitby and Runswick Bay).
We offer a superb flexible benefits package – which includes but is not limited to:
Flexi-time – Including 'work from home and finish early on Fridays’
27 Days Holiday (Minimum) – Including your birthday, Duvet Days and Christmas Eve
5 Learning & Development Days per year – Including Udemy Access
Employee Assistance Programme – Including health, mental health and wellbeing support
Enhanced Maternity/Paternity/Adoption Leave
Life Assurance & Income Protection
Relocation Support & Visa Sponsorship
Nurturing Red Kite's studio culture is at the heart of everything we do and has been proudly recognised by the following awards:
GI.biz – Best Places to Work 2021 & 2022
Best Companies – A World Class, 3 Star place to work for 2021 & 2022
TIGA STAR Award for excellence
Red Kite is a social studio – the team regularly gather for drinks, game nights, film nights, to play sports etc. – making this a great place to build a career whilst making friends...and let's not forget Red Kite's legendary Summer BBQ and our epic Christmas party – plus much more!
Red Kite's studio is relaxed, friendly and built upon the belief that working smarter is better than working harder. Every team member has the opportunity to shine and we pride ourselves on providing a positive social atmosphere, facilitated by shared interest groups, afterwork clubs and charity fundraising events. Red Kite are proud supporters of the gaming charity SpecialEffect.
Ultimately we’re looking for talented individuals that love what they do and want to make friends doing it!