Specialising in AAA PC/console development, Red Kite has a proven track record in the creation of cutting-edge games across varying genres.
Having set up home in the beautiful Grade-II listed Park Row House in Leeds city centre, Red Kite continues to develop top-quality games for multiple world-class AAA publishing partners such as Microsoft, Sony, Activision, 2K, SEGA, 505, Remedy, Rare and Codemasters.
Several titles include Mafia: Definitive Edition, Mafia III: Definitive Edition, Control Ultimate Edition, Two Point Hospital, Knockout City, Battletoads, Crackdown 3, Payday 2, Team Sonic Racing, DiRT 4 and God of War III: Remastered.
It’s a very exciting time to join Red Kite; not only are we working on multiple high-profile games for current-gen and new-gen platforms, we're also developing our own IP. Here’s what we can tell you about:
· We’re helping to develop a AAA open world, action game which is one of the biggest IPs in the world.
· We're working on a new PvE 1st person shooter based on an award-winning IP for new gen-platforms.
· We’re working on an unannounced, high-profile AAA 1st person shooter for new-gen platforms in UE5.
· We’re porting a hugely successful AAA battle royale game to multiple console platforms.
· We’re porting an award-winning AAA action game to a new-gen streaming platform.
One of the most interesting aspects to working at Red Kite is the diversity of projects present within the studio. It's certainly never boring and we constantly find ourselves pushing the boundaries when it comes to the gameplay that we're creating and the technologies that we're engineering.
Come join the team, build a rewarding career, and help to make great games with a lovely bunch of people!
The Role @ Red Kite Games
Red Kite are working on a variety of exciting open world AAA games and has a fantastic opportunity for an engine programmer to strengthen and shape one of our teams.
In this role you'll be responsible for the delivery and integration of robust game engine functionality, in collaboration with our multi-disciplined development teams.
Your knowledge and expertise will also be invaluable in supporting projects across a multitude of platforms, genres and game areas.
In your new role you will:
Work on a wide variety of projects and tasks, contributing to the development of low-level engine systemsFollow best practices, development processes, documentation and coding standardsMentor less experienced people, sharing knowledge and best practices with the teamAssist in planning your work and the work of others.
To be successful you will have:
Shipped multiple titlesStrong C++ programming skillsStrong math and problem-solving skillsKnowledge of profiling tools (e.g. PIX, VTune, etc.)A passion for games and game engine technology
Experience in any of these areas may be advantageous but not essential:
Prior console development experienceAdoption of efficient development methodologies (e.g. continuous integration, automated testing, tools pipelines)
Red Kite is located in central Leeds, a major European city connected to London by rapid rail links and the M1 motorway – plus the rest of the world via Leeds Bradford airport. It's home to some of the best restaurants, bars and museums in the North of England, and is within easy reach of spectacular countryside (the Yorkshire Moors and Bronte Country), historical York and the Yorkshire East coast (you should definitely check out Whitby and Runswick Bay).
We offer a superb flexible benefits package – which includes but is not limited to:
· Flexi-time – Including 'finish early on Fridays'
· Annual Bonus
· 27 Days Holiday (Minimum) – Including your birthday, Duvet Days and Christmas Eve
· 5 Learning & Development Days per year – Including Udemy Access
· Employee Assistance Programme – Including health, mental health and wellbeing support
· Enhanced Maternity/Paternity/Adoption Leave
· Life Assurance & Income Protection
· Relocation Support & Visa Sponsorship
Nurturing Red Kite's studio culture is at the heart of everything we do and has been proudly recognised by the following awards:
· GI.biz – Best Small Company for 2020 & Best Places to Work 2021
· Best Companies – A World Class, 3 Star place to work for 2021 & 2022
· TIGA STAR Award for excellence
Red Kite is a social studio – the team regularly gather for drinks, game nights, film nights, to play sports etc. – making this a great place to build a career whilst making friends...and let's not forget Red Kite's legendary Summer BBQ and our epic Christmas party – plus much more!
Red Kite's studio is relaxed, friendly and built upon the belief that working smarter is better than working harder. Every team member has the opportunity to shine and we pride ourselves on providing a positive social atmosphere, facilitated by shared interest groups, afterwork clubs and charity fundraising events. Red Kite are proud supporters of the gaming charity SpecialEffect.
Ultimately we’re looking for talented individuals that love what they do and want to make friends doing it!